Colorado Springs
Defense Firm

Available 24/7


Success Comes From A Place of Strength & Experience

Colorado Springs Expungement Attorney

Sealing a Criminal Record in Colorado

Unlike in other states, individuals in Colorado cannot have their arrest or criminal records cleared through the expungement process. Even though individual cannot fully destroy their criminal records through expungement, individuals can petition to have their arrest and criminal records sealed.

A criminal record can greatly affect your ability to live a normal life. In most cases, whenever you apply for a new job, for a new apartment, or for a bank loan or other forms of financial assistance, you will have to undergo a background check. New employers, landlords, and bank officials do not look favorably on individuals with a criminal record. Even though life with a criminal record can be decidedly harsh, the state of Colorado does not offer much leniency towards individuals who wish to get a clean start.

If you were not convicted of a crime, you may have your records sealed if:

  • You were arrested but not charged with a crime
  • Any charges against you were dismissed
  • You were found not guilty

If you were convicted of a crime, records may be sealed if:

  • It has been at least 10 years since criminal proceedings against you
  • You have not been accused of a crime in that period
  • You have met all of the conditions of your sentencing

Having your record sealed differs from expungement in that the offense will stay on your record even after it is sealed. Though the offense will stay on your record, potential employers, landlords, and other interested parties will not be able to view your record, as it will be sealed from public view. If you would like to have your record sealed from public view, you should speak to a criminal defense attorney from my firm. At The Samuelson Law Firm, my highly dedicated criminal defense team can walk you through the legal process of having a record sealed from public view.

Learn If You Qualify - Call Today!

You may petition to have your arrest and criminal record sealed only if you meet a certain number of criteria. It is important to know that you cannot seal your records if you were found guilty or if you pled guilty in the court of law. No matter how long ago the offense may have been, if you were convicted of a crime, your record must remain open.

However for most misdemeanor and felony offenses, if you were not charged with a crime or if your case was completely dismissed, it is very likely that you qualify to have your records sealed. You can also have your records sealed if you were found not guilty in court or if you received a deferred sentence and fully complied with the terms of the deferral.

Speaking with an experienced Colorado Springs criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case will be the best way to determine whether or not you are eligible to have your records sealed. Get started with a case evaluation with Attorney Samuelson at no cost to you!


Read What Past Clients Had to Say

At Samuelson Law Firm, PLLC, we strive to provide the best possible representation, by putting the needs of our clients first.  Read our reviews from past clients to hear more about their experience with our firm. 

  • “Mr. Samuelson was dedicated to bringing my problem to a quick and positive end.”

    - Anonymous
  • “Outstanding man and lawyer!”

    - Jason Mcdonald
  • “I highly recommend Chris Samuelson at the Samuelson Law Firm”

    - Anonymous
  • “Thank you for all of your help.”

    - James R.
  • “Thank You!”

    - Previous Client

    Why People Choose
     to Work With Us

    We Have a Reputation for Excellence
    • Dedicated and Helpful Team Members
    • Proudly Serving Clients Statewide
    • Adaptive & Technologically Advanced
    • Passionate Advocacy, Inside and Outside of Court
    • Spanish Speaking Services
    • Personalized Legal Strategies
    • 24/7 Availability

    Contact Us Today 

    Put Experience on Your Side

      Let us prove to you how our AUTHENTIC & EXPERIENCED law firm can get you the results you need, deserve and are paying for.   Let’s have a conversation and come up with a personalized plan and strategy to get you back going FORWARD in your life! 

    Click on our LIVE chat, fill out an inquiry below, call or simply call us at  
    (719) 941-1127. We are here to answer your questions 24/7.

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.